|Shinyribs at 2018 South by Southwest|
In a magnificent act of copy-and-paste, here's that schedule:
• Opening Night with SHINYRIBS (June 19): Shinyribs is an American country-soul, swamp-funk band. Known for his outrageous outfits and on-stage antics, front man Kevin Russell delivers a rousing dance party of a show that’s impossible to forget. Winners of “Best Austin Band” at the 2019 Austin Music Awards.
• PETER ROWAN AND THE FREE MEXICAN AIRFORCE with LOS TEXMANIACS (June 22): Grammy-award winner Peter Rowan comes back to Old Santa Fe for his 3rd Bandstand appearance. For this special show, Peter will be backed by New Mexico’s own Grammy winning conjunto band Max Baca y Los Texmaniacs.
• LA MERA CANDELARIA (June 27): This LA-based band fuses cumbia with the relaxed vibes of son cubano, creating a refreshing new musical mix. Founder Stephani Candelaria hopes her lyrics, which tackle queer relationships and gender roles, inspire cultural change in her community.
• JIM LAUDERDALE (July 10): Jim Lauderdale is a 2-time Grammy winning Americana icon, a singer-songwriter whose unmistakable rhinestone-incrusted silhouette has been a symbol for creative integrity and prolificacy for
thirty-one albums over decades of recording.
|Terrance Simien at Santa Fe Bandstand, June 2014|
• TERRANCE SIMIEN AND THE ZYDECO EXPERIENCE (July 16): For 35 years, two- time Grammy award winning artist Terrance Simien, 8th generation Louisiana Creole has been shattering the myths about what his indigenous Zydeco roots music is – and is not. Don’t miss this special Cajun dance party.
• AL HURRICANE, JR. (July 20 at SWAN Park): Affectionately known as "The Godson" of New Mexico Music, Al Huricane Jr. proves the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, having created numerous solo albums and
contributed such celebrated songs as "Flor De Las Flores" to New Mexico's unique style of Spanish music.
• AMY HELM (July 24): Amy Helm is an American singer-songwriter and daughter of The Band drummer Levon Helm and singer Libby Titus. She is a past member of the Levon Helm's Midnight Ramble Band and Ollabelle.
• LOS STRAITJACKETS (August 1): Mixing the familiar sounds of Dick Dale, Duane Eddy, and the Ventures, Los Straitjackets create their own version of energetic surf guitar twang, complete with Mexican wrestling masks.
• ELIZA GILKYSON (August 7): Eliza Gilkyson is a twice Grammy-nominated (2006/2015) singer songwriter and activist who is one of the most respected musicians in Folk, Roots and Americana circles.
• DAVINA AND THE VAGABONDS (August 8): With influences ranging from Fats Domino and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band to Aretha Franklin and Tom Waits, Davina and the Vagabonds have grown from a down-and-dirty
blues band into one of the most exciting acoustic ensembles on the international stage.