Julia Goldberg sent me this meme.
I think the idea is to list 12 true confessions.
1) I confess that I'm not going to get too personal and revealing on this damned thing.
2) I confess that I was going to watch Ted Koppel's last night on Nightline instead of doing this, but it looked too depressing, so here I am.
3) I confess that 42 years today I was disappointed that the regular Friday night wrestling at Stockyards Coliseum in Oklahoma City -- where I spent most Friday nights during the mid '60s -- was cancelled because of the Kennedy assassination.
4) I confess that I watched the resignation of President Nixon on a black-and-white tv in the projection booth of the Master Adult Theater, where I worked during part of the summer of '74. I also confess that I was hurt and confused when the audience at the Master Adult Theater booed me when I stopped the movie to tell them about this historic event.
5) I confess that one time in college I participated in a "Pig Night" contest at the Bird of Paradise Lounge. Fortunately I lost.
6) I confess that I don't know what "Diddy Wah Diddy" means.
7) I confess that I drank well over my share of the world's liquor supply up until my late '40s. I stopped because of diabetes.
8) I confess that while I generally distain paranoia about technology, deep in my heart, I do believe that those automatic scanner machines at supermarkets are the work of Satan. One day those damned things are going to completely take the jobs of working humans -- plus they always screw up on me causing much frustration.
9) I confess that robots are stealing my luggage. (OK, I borrowed that from Steve Martin.)
10) I confess that I don't really care that much for sports -- except politics and roller derby.
11) I confess that my anger at Greg Pleshaw faded years ago, despite his bizarre phone call to my brother ... though I still wouldn't want to take a long trip with the twisted little fucker.
12) I confess that I was the one who accidently tripped on an electrical cord backstage at a Santa Fe High School talent show in the spring of '71, causing an abrupt halt to the band (I forgot their name!) that was playing a pretty rocking version of "All Along the Watchtower."
I'm sending this on to Jeff, Walt, Marlee, Ed and Paige.
A zoot suit with some Hi-De-Ho! On this Throwback Thursday let's celebrate the zoot suit, a type of apparel that's inspired many mus...
A version of this was published in The Santa Fe New Mexican January 14, 2011 Junior Kimbrough is dead. R.L. Burnside is dead. Paul “Wi...
Sunday, May 15, 2022 KSFR, Santa Fe, NM Webcasting! 10 p.m. to midnight Sundays Mountain Time Host: Steve Terrell 101.1 FM Em...
Sunday, May 26, 2013 KSFR, Santa Fe, N.M. 10 p.m. to midnight Sundays Mountain Time Host: Steve Terrell Webcasting! 101.1 FM email...