Tuesday, August 26, 2008
BEDTIME FOR BLOGGERS
Why am I still up?hat compells me to do this. Not much coherant is going to come out of this. I've been up since 5:30 a.m. so I could make the NM delegation breakfast. And that was after staying up late smoking cigars with the Dems. (Check out my story in today's New Mexican. ) Don't be shocked if I miss breakfast this morning. It's Tuesday, right.
A few observations:
* Nobody went swimming at Bill Richardson's pool party. Even worse, nobody got tossed in. Not even me. (Check this snapshot by guest photographer Amanda Cooper.)
* The shuttle bus took forever to get to the Pepsi Center. While going in, I stumbled across the crew from The Daily Show -- Rob Riggle, Aasif Mandvi , Larry Wilmore and John Oliver (who wasn't in the photo posted below.) They didn't seem to be doing any routine. Just exchanging greetings with delegates.
* Once I got inside, I was going down the hall looking for my workspace, a familiar face came on a TV monitor. It was none other than New Mexico's Patsy Madrid, who was talking to the delegates about the platform
* It seemed to me that on Monday the anti-abortion forces were more visible than the peace demonstrators. As I was looking for a place for a late lunch I cam across a bunch of guys on te 16th Street Mall with huge signs raging against gays, "baby killers," Muslims, liberals, drunks, Mormons, rebellious women, sex addicts and basically all my rowdy friends.
When I got out of lunch, the cops had arrived. There was a bunch on horseback as well as those in riot gear blocking the road. And on the other side of the street, there was THE DEVIL. (Again see the photos in previous post.) It doesn't get much weirder than this.
* Gee, Joe, I didn't feel that lonely at the railroad party Sunday. Even funnier than Monahan's orignal post were the responses of my fellow Lonely Boys. Click >HERE and >HERE.
America's sweetheart, Tonya Harding, is back in the national consciousness once again thanks to an upcoming biopic I, Tonya , starri...
A version of this was published in The Santa Fe New Mexican June 22, 2007 ThaMuseMeant fled Santa Fe for the Pacific Northwest a few ye...
This one I can't believe. Just one day after Al Hurricane ... George Adelo died yesterday. He was a friend of mine. At this point...
I was on the air doing my radio show last night when I learned of the death of Alberto Sanchez , better known as Al...